Alert - Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
June 9, 2020
To do our best to keep the risk of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) low, please respect the mandatory self-isolation criteria from the Alberta Health Services.
• Albertans with symptoms: Anyone with a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition is legally required to self-isolate for a minimum of 10 days from the start of symptoms, or until symptoms resolve, whichever is longer. ** Individuals ARE allowed to leave home to come for testing, or if they require emergency medical care following the guidance outlined in this Order**
• Travelers and close contacts: People in Alberta are legally required to self-isolate for 14 days if, in the previous 14 days they: **Returned from travel outside of Canada; OR
o Are a close contact** with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
• If individuals become ill with cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat during this time, they must self-isolate for an additional 10 days from the beginning of symptoms or until they are feeling well, whichever takes longer.
*** A close contact is defined as a person who:
• Provided care for the individual, including healthcare workers, family members or other caregivers, or who had other similar close physical contact with the person without consistent and appropriate use of personal protective equipment; OR
• Lived with or otherwise had close prolonged contact (within 2 metres) with the person while the person was infectious; OR
• Had direct contact with infectious bodily fluids of the person (e.g. was coughed or sneezed on) while not wearing recommended personal protective equipment
EFW Asks that ALL PATIENTS wear a mask or mouth covering to their appointment.
EFW is offering a Vulnerable Person Clinic (VPC) for patients that meet the specific screening criteria.
EFW is working hard to protect the safety of our patients and staff. To ensure social distancing we ask that only the patient attend the appointment. Only the patient will be allowed into the exam room.
There are three (3) exceptions to this:
EFW will be enabling one partner or support person to attend Obstetrical exams from Wednesday June 10, 2020.
· Accompanying support people must be adults; please note minors will not be able to attend the appointment
· Support people will be screened at reception.
· The two people will remain as a unit during the entire visit to an EFW location (e.g. they will not be able to swap out for another person during the exam, they will both attend the entire appointment)
· Patients and support people will wear masks.
If the patient is a minor they may be accompanied by a legal guardian.
If you have mobility issues your attendant will be allowed to accompany you.
We ask for your understanding as we try and control the number of people within our clinics.
If a driver is required for your exam, that person will need to stay outside of the clinic to wait for you.
We will call you back to book your appointment within 48 hours (during regular business hours). Please note your call will be recorded and monitored for quality assurance.
If this is an urgent request, please call (403)541-1200.
Please have your copy of the requisition form at hand when we call back to book your appointment. EFW Radiology accepts all requisitions from any diagnostic imaging providers.
If requesting an appointment for Spine and Pain Management or Maternal Fetal Medicine, you cannot request appointments for other exams. To request other exams please fill out a separate form.