EFW Radiology is monitoring the current COVID-19 Situation closely, taking all recommended precautions, ensuring all patients and staff risk are kept to an absolute minimum.
June 9th, 2020
EFW Is now able to provide all imaging service to patients:
Now including Screening Mammograms, Bone Mineral Densitometry, and Expanded Spine and Pain Management
EFW Asks that All patients wear a mask or mouth covering to their appointment.
To do our best to keep the risk of novel coronavirus (COVID-19) low, please respect the mandatory self-isolation criteria from the Alberta Health Services.
• Albertans with symptoms: Anyone with a cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose, or sore throat not related to a pre-existing illness or health condition is legally required to self-isolate for a minimum of 10 days from the start of symptoms, or until symptoms resolve, whichever is longer. ** Individuals ARE allowed to leave home to come for testing, or if they require emergency medical care following the guidance outlined in this Order**
• Travelers and close contacts: People in Alberta are legally required to self-isolate for 14 days if, in the previous 14 days they: **Returned from travel outside of Canada; OR
o Are a close contact** with a confirmed or probable case of COVID-19.
• If individuals become ill with cough, fever, shortness of breath, runny nose or sore throat during this time, they must self-isolate for an additional 10 days from the beginning of symptoms or until they are feeling well, whichever takes longer.
*** A close contact is defined as a person who:
• Provided care for the individual, including healthcare workers, family members or other caregivers, or who had other similar close physical contact with the person without consistent and appropriate use of personal protective equipment; OR
• Lived with or otherwise had close prolonged contact (within 2 metres) with the person while the person was infectious; OR
• Had direct contact with infectious bodily fluids of the person (e.g. was coughed or sneezed on) while not wearing recommended personal protective equipment
TEMPORARY CHANGES TO CLINIC HOURS AND AVAILABILITY
All Evening and Weekend X-ray services are temporarily closed.
Foothills Professional Building - Temporarily closed.
All other Clinics please check the locations page.
Patients will be screened when booking their appointment, the day prior, and upon arrival at the clinic. These steps are necessary to ensure patient and staff safety.
VULNERABLE PERSON CLINIC (VPC)
EFW will now be offering a Vulnerable Person Clinic (VPC) for patients that meet specific screening criteria.
Patients that do not have cough/cold or fever/flu-like symptoms and meet the following vulnerability criteria will be seen:
· 70 years of age or older
· The patient or a member of their household are immune-compromised or receiving chemotherapy
· COPD or moderate to severe asthma
· Heart disease or atrial fibrillation
· Renal failure or liver disease
· Referring physician has indicated on the requisition that the patient is vulnerable.
Our VPC will have increased cleaning protocols throughout the day and reduced patient volumes as exam appointments will be time spaced to minimize other patient contact and maximize social distancing protocols.
The VPC will be offering pain procedures, ultrasound, ultrasound procedures, XRay, bone scans, and MRI appointments.
SOCIAL DISTANCING AND PATIENT APPOINTMENTS
EFW asks that all patients wear a mask or mouth covering to all appointments.
EFW is working hard to protect the safety of our patients and staff. To ensure social distancing we ask that only the patient attend the appointment. Only the patient will be allowed into the exam room.
There are three (3) exceptions to this:
- EFW will be enabling one partner or support person to attend Obstetrical exams from Wednesday June 10, 2020.
· Accompanying support people must be adults; please note minors will not be able to attend the appointment
· Support people will be screened at reception.
· The two people will remain as a unit during the entire visit to an EFW location (e.g. they will not be able to swap out for another person during the exam, they will both attend the entire appointment)
· Patients and support people will wear masks.
- If the patient is a minor they may be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- If you have mobility issues your attendant will be allowed to accompany you.
We ask for your understanding as we try and control the number of people within our clinics.
If a driver is required for your exam, that person will need to stay outside of the clinic to wait for you.
COVID-19 - SELF ASSESSMENT TOOL AND LINKS
To see if you need COVID-19 testing, Alberta Health recommendations advise that you first use their self-assessment tools, before contacting their health lines.
- Alberta Health Services assessment tool
- Alberta Health Link (811)
Further information is available on the following websites: