The partnership of EFW Radiology owns and operates thirteen community-based clinics providing Diagnostic Imaging, Maternal Fetal Medicine, and Pain Management services. Since its inception, EFW has been actively involved in teaching at graduate and post-graduate levels at the University of Calgary and SAIT. EFW physicians are also involved in a variety of research areas at the University of Calgary. EFW Radiology is a growing organization which performs more than 600,000 imaging studies, interventional procedures, second opinions and consultations annually.
We are currently accepting applications for a temporary full-time (June to September) Ultrasound Aide. Ultrasound Aide reports to the Ultrasound Supervisor, and is responsible for supporting the ultrasound and clinic team by performing clerical functionsensuring that the patient experience is efficient and effective and that exceptional care is provided to all patients.
- Performs clerical tasks in support of the ultrasound modality which may include, but is not limited to:
- Advises and assists patients to prepare for their ultrasound examinations
- Contacts and compiles reports and documents from various clinics, as required
- Verifies patient information and Astraia reports prior to faxes to referring physician
- Ensures that supplies are maintained and available for use by technologists and physicians, and that Ultrasound rooms are maintained between patients
- Performs general housekeeping duties
- Greets patients in a compassionate and caring manner and ensures that an exceptional patient experience is created when assisting patients;
- Works collaboratively with Ultrasound and other clinic staff to contribute to the overall work objectives of the clinic;
- Adheres to all privacy policies and procedures as they relate to EFW, our patients and our employees;
- Demonstrates EFW values of Compassion, Trust, and Meaning in the workplace;
- Undertakes other duties as required.
- High school diploma;
- Previous experience working in a healthcare environment;
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as a member of a dynamic team;
- The ability to take initiative and manage multiple priorities is essential;
- A professional demeanor where caring and compassion is shown in every patient interaction;
- The ability to work in a fast paced demanding clinical work environment;
- Organized individual with the ability to multi-task and maintain high accuracy to detailed information;
- Exhibit strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong computer skills with demonstrated ability to learn numerous computer programs quickly and efficiently.
EFW strives to deliver healthcare with compassion, earn the trust of referring physicians, and provide careers with meaning.
If you are interested in the above position, have the required qualifications, are dedicated to quality patient care, and want to be a member of a team of dynamic health care professionals, please fill out an online application on or before Wednesday, April 3, 2019.