The partnership of EFW Radiology owns and operates thirteen community-based clinics providing Diagnostic Imaging, Maternal Fetal Medicine, and Pain Management services. Since its inception, EFW has been actively involved in teaching at graduate and post-graduate levels at the University of Calgary and SAIT. EFW physicians are also involved in a variety of research areas at the University of Calgary. EFW Radiology is a growing organization which performs more than 600,000 imaging studies, interventional procedures, second opinions and consultations annually.
EFW Radiology is currently accepting applications for a regular full-time Ultrasound Technologist. Reporting to the Ultrasound Supervisor, the Ultrasound Technologistperforms abdominal, small parts, and OB/GYN ultrasound examinations in an efficient and effective manner while providing exceptional patient care.
- Ensures that each patient seen by EFW is provided with the highest level of care, and that an exceptional patient experience is created;
- Performs abdomen, pelvic OB/Gynecological (1st 2nd & 3rd trimester)and small parts scans; breast imaging and biopsies;
- Gathers and verifies patient history and relevant information in preparation for exams;
- Obtains, assesses and evaluates ultrasound images in a timely manner to aid in diagnoses;
- Ensures all necessary documentation is accurately completed for each scan;
- Communicates with patients in a professional manner, explaining procedures and observing the patient during the examination to ensure safety and comfort;
- Collaborates with Radiologists on every scan;
- Demonstrates EFW values of Compassion, Trust, and Meaning in the workplace;
- Adheres to all privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures as they relate to EFW, our patients and our employees;
- Undertakes other related duties as assigned.
- Diploma or certificate from a recognized Diagnostic Medical Sonography program, which includes a minimum of 2 years of clinical practicum; or a minimum of 2 years’ previous experience working in a clinic or hospital setting;
- Previous experience is preferred;
- Credentialed member of Sonography Canada with liability insurance;
- Ability to scan 12 14 cases per day, consistently obtaining good quality images;
- Committed to providing professional and compassionate patient care;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to give clear instructions and ask questions when the need arises;
- Exhibit sound judgment, and effective decision making skills;
- Ability to accept constructive feedback;
- Strong team player who is comfortable to interact with other team members as well as work independently;
- Logical, analytical and critical thinking required;
- Exceptional time management and multi-tasking abilities;
- Strong computer and keyboarding skills including a working knowledge of RIS software including PACS;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced clinical environment.
EFW strives to deliver healthcare with compassion, earn the trust of referring physicians, and provide careers with meaning.
If you are interested in the above position, have the required qualifications, are dedicated to quality patient care, and want to be a member of a team of dynamic health care professionals, please fill out an online application. This position will remain open until filled.