The partnership of EFW Radiology owns and operates fourteen community-based clinics providing Diagnostic Imaging, Maternal Fetal Medicine, and Pain Management services. Since its inception, EFW has been actively involved in teaching at graduate and post-graduate levels at the University of Calgary and SAIT. EFW physicians are also involved in a variety of research areas at the University of Calgary. EFW Radiology is a growing organization which performs more than 600,000 imaging studies, interventional procedures, second opinions and consultations annually.
We are currently accepting applications for a regular full-time Head MRI Technologist (Seton clinic). Reporting to the Supervisor of Nuclear Medicine, BMD and MRI, the Head MRI Technologist is responsible for performing all magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) procedures in an efficient and effective manner while providing exceptional patient care. Additionally they are responsible for ensuring the department’s operational needs are met, available resources are utilized and all regulations are strictly adhered to.
- Review daily booked appointments to ensure no discrepancies, and organize daily schedule by delegating as required;
- Ensure patients are greeted in a warm and welcoming manner and excellent service is provided to all patients.
- Provides leadership and guidance to fellow MRI Technologists. This includes but is not limited to:
- Providing feedback, mentoring and coaching on work processes and performance
- Communicating any performance concerns to the MRI Supervisor
- Providing input to the annual performance evaluation of technologists
- Leads by example in promoting a positive work environment for staff and patients
- Performs MRI procedures in accordance with all established protocols and safety requirements;
- Compiles and verifies patient histories and relevant information prior to beginning procedures;
- Adheres to all EFW MRI Safety Policies and Procedures;
- Assesses and evaluates MR images to aid in diagnoses;
- Communicates in a professional manner to patients, educating them on examination requirements and any possible side effects;
- Performs required Quality Control;
- Facilitates regular Preventative Maintenance scheduling;
- Maintains sufficient stock of supplies, drugs, and monitors expiration dates;
- Communicates with Head Receptionist, service engineers, and IT as required;
- Collaborates with Radiologists on scans when required;
- Collaborates with Management and Radiologists for creating and updating MRI procedures and protocols
- Assist with the CPSA inspections and accreditation;
- Demonstrates EFW values of Compassion, Trust, and Meaning in the workplace;
- Adheres to all privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures as they relate to EFW, our patients and our employees;
- Undertakes other related duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Aptitudes
- Completion of diploma or certificate from a recognized MRI technology program;
- Current CAMRT/ACMDTT registration and license to practice in Alberta;
- Minimum 5 years of full time experience in hospital and/or clinic setting
- Exhibits sound judgment and effective decision making skills;
- Exceptional time management and multitasking abilities required;
- Demonstrates a commitment to the provision of compassionate patient care;
- Ability to communicate effectively;
- Strong interpersonal skills including the ability to work as an effective team member as well as independently;
- Strong computer skills including a working knowledge of RIS software such as PACS, Netcare, etc.
- This position works in a clinical environment where clinic hours and locations are set based on operational needs. These may include day, evening and weekend shifts.
EFW strives to deliver healthcare with compassion, earn the trust of referring physicians, and provide careers with meaning.
If you are interested in the above position, have the required qualifications, are dedicated to quality patient care, and want to be a member of a team of dynamic health care professionals, please complete your online application by Wednesday, April 3, 2019.