The partnership of EFW Radiology owns and operates fourteen community-based clinics providing Diagnostic Imaging, Maternal Fetal Medicine, and Pain Management services. Since its inception, EFW has been actively involved in teaching at graduate and post-graduate levels at the University of Calgary and SAIT. EFW physicians are also involved in a variety of research areas at the University of Calgary. EFW Radiology is a growing organization which performs more than 600,000 imaging studies, interventional procedures, second opinions and consultations annually.
We are currently accepting applications for a regular full-time Facilities Manager. The Facilities Manager directs and coordinates the organization, setup and operation of EFW Radiology ("EFW") facilitates and assets. This includes monitoring, maintenance, and oversight in accordance with relevant local, provincial, and federal standards, laws, and regulations. The incumbent helps manage and execute contracts/purchase orders/service agreements, receive goods and services, and approve invoices as they pertain to purchases of facility products and/or services. The role establishes strong, consistent facility management processes and practices.
- Establishes and maintains standards for the provision of facility services.
- Ensures all Regional, Provincial and Federal facilities, safety and environmental standards and regulations are adhered to and maintains a relationship with relevant oversight bodies.
- Management of all EFW’s facility maintenance program and renovation projects (short-term and long-term) for each clinic; including, monitoring and adhering to budgets and building contingency plans.
- Manage property maintenance technicians/workers (EFW staff and/or contracted workers).
- Assists the Director of Finance with the implementation of long term plans for each facility to meet EFW expectations.
- Manages and execute contracts/purchase orders/service agreements, receive goods and services, and approve invoices as they pertain to purchases of facility products and/or services.
- Organizes and coordinates facilities maintenance employees (directly and/or indirectly) to ensure efficient and timely use of personnel and resources while repairing and maintaining buildings, grounds, systems, equipment, electrical, plumbing, etc.
- Coordinates contractors and service providers responsible for completing facilities and equipment related projects and repairs.
- Provides leadership and guidance to staff including setting expectations, monitoring performance, and providing feedback and coaching. Complete annual performance evaluations for all facilities staff. Initiates disciplinary action as required, up to and including termination.
- Creates, implements, and evaluate efficiency processes and improve patient/staff satisfaction.
- Develops and presents the annual facilities expense and revenue budget for approval to the Director of Finance; adheres to approved budgets regularly monitoring expenses throughout the fiscal year.
- Collaborates with others on the EFW team by promoting good staff relations, and a strong team culture, building on strengths to achieve results.
- Aids and supports staff through conflict resolution, effective time management, workload prioritization and collaborating with individual staff on their development goals.
- Monitors, communicates, and evaluates staff performance by ensuring all staff implement decisions, policies, procedures, and confidentiality agreements are being adhered to and practiced by employees.
- Ensures the security of all buildings and contents.
- Coordinates facilities-related environmental stewardship programs.
- Demonstrates EFW values of Compassion, Trust, and Meaning in the workplace.
- Adheres to all privacy and confidentiality policies and procedures as they relate to EFW, our patients and our employees.
- Provides "On Call" support in the case of emergencies.
- Undertakes other related duties as assigned.
Key Skills and Aptitudes
The successful candidate will be a commercially astute, process and detail-oriented individual.
- A minimum of 5+ years’ experience in facilities management.
- 3+ years’ experience in project management.
- Certificate or Diploma in Project Management along with a PMP is considered an asset.
- Motivated, self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as a member of our dynamic team;
- Experience dealing with trades and/or general contractors from an owner’s perspective
- Experience in requesting proposals, reviewing bids, selecting ’best’ contractors, adhering to contractual terms, dealing with deficiencies, etc.
- Proficiency with basic office software (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as property management software packages.
- Experience coordinating facilities for a variety of building types and tenant situations.
- Strong work ethic, customer service focus, and positive "can do" team attitude.
- Ability to respond to situations with a calm and steady demeanor.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to draft comprehensive written reports.
- Ability to manage and maintain private and confidential information with a high degree of professionalism.
- Honesty, integrity and being intellectually curious are required personality traits.
- Demonstrated organization and administrative skills, organized individual with the ability to work under stress, meet deadlines and handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong judgement and reasoning skills;
- Ability to provide feedback and manage difficult conversations;
- Continuous learner who is passionate about keeping current in the relevant field.
- Managerial role where incumbents are expected to perform hands on tasks
- A valid driver’s license and vehicle to travel within Calgary and surrounding communities as required.
EFW strives to deliver healthcare with compassion, earn the trust of referring physicians, and provide careers with meaning.
If you are interested in the above position, have the required qualifications, are dedicated to quality patient care, and want to be a member of a team of dynamic health care professionals, please complete your online application by Thursday, April 11, 2019.